Gaining traffic onto your website can be a headache, with so many different ways where do you start?
The best way to answer this question is to dig deep into what your website is about.
Remember staying on topic is KEY! Having a photography website then talking about computers might be on topic but it all depends on how you are talking about computers on a photography website.
For example if I have an environmental website then I talk about computer mouses it would be straying off topic.
So now that “staying on topic” has been explained, ask yourself “What is my website about?” and “What is my websites goal?”.
Of course everyone’s overall goal is to make money, but what is it you need to accomplish to produce that income you are looking for?
Quality content, quality work; QUALITY QUALITY QUALITY! The better your content (written, images, videos, graphics and audio), the more overall stance you will have over your competition and longevity your content will have. Understand your field and understand what you need to deliver to not only satisfy but to bring back those users.
Having users come back to your content for references, usage or other reasons is a great thing to have. Think about it like your website is a supply base, people need supplies and you are providing it, whether it is knowledge or a physical product.
- Quality website and Product (physical or not) content (images, written, videos, graphics and audio)
- Give users a reason to come back
- Understand what your website is about and stick to it. Stay ON TOPIC!
- Regular updating and additional content. Communication; talk to your users, let them talk to you as well.
- Make quality videos about your website or product, post them on popular video sharing websites.
- Stay connected to your audience, use Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Myspace, Instagr.am ect. (Research these social media networks, they change all the time [might be new ones out])
- Blogging, this gives your website organic traffic from search engines. Try and blog as much as possible, it really is the best and most powerful tool right now.